Learn Coding and Love Life (why even knowing a teeny bit of code can make your life easier)
As an entrepreneur, there are many skills you must possess. From business development to accounting, there are dozens of skills necessary to build a successful company. And if your business leverages technology, learning to code should be added to your list of skills needed for success.
Code is what lies behind so many of our great marketing campaigns. Think emails and websites. All of those important pieces that give your customers a better experience. They all run because there are coders behind –the-scenes making them work.
And it’s no longer a skill reserved for geeks. The ability to write code is almost becoming a necessity for professionals in marketing, commerce, technology and beyond. And coding can help to improve your work life! That’s right. Learning this core skill can make you more productive, efficient and effective.
Here’s why when you learn coding it can make your life a whole lot easier.
- Learning to write code helps you automate otherwise tedious tasks allowing you to spend less time on the mundane and more time on more important things that set you apart from your competitors.
- It will enable you to gain a better understanding of the true nature of what goes on in your business.
- When you learn coding, it’s just good business. You’ll have better work experience and won’t have to rely on others to understand what’s going on around you. This is especially important for the budget-strapped entrepreneur who can’t afford a whole lot of trial and error.
- It can help you break down barriers, communicate better and understand what others are talking about if there is an issue. If you learn coding, it gives you the skills that make you a more effective manager or more employable.
- You can fix things yourself—easily and quickly. If an image isn’t resizing correctly or a paragraph isn’t looking like it should, you want to fix it…now. If you don’t want to rely on your web designer for every little change, learning to code will allow you to make those small changes on your own. It can save you hours of your precious time, and budget!
Fortunately, it’s never been easier to learn coding these days. And considering that an experienced developer can earn more than $100,000+ a year, it’s not a bad skill to master! Here are some tips for you to start to learn coding right now from DIY Genius.