Girl Boss: Sharon Krieger, Present Event Services
Sharon Krieger is a private event planner and owns Present Event Services. She’s passionate about creating memories through events, and helping people enjoy the present! Read on to find out about Sharon and her current and previous business ventures!
1. What were you doing before this, and is this your first business?
Before Present Events, I was a Private Event Manager for an upscale Baja Mexican restaurant concept. I worked for myself previously for several years, had a boutique marketing communications & PR business. Being an entrepreneur is definitely in my DNA!
2. Do you have a mentor? How have they helped you? What advice do you have for someone who doesn’t think a mentor is necessary?
I do not have one specific mentor currently, though am constantly soaking up guidance, information & advice from entrepreneurs in our community along with a myriad of online sources, books, etc. I recently went through an amazing program at SEED SPOT here in Phoenix, and attended another inspiring event called Sum + Substance that was similar to a TED talk.
3. Who, or what, has provided the most inspiration for you along the way as you’ve built your business?
So many things and people! I gain inspiration from books & articles I read, along with friends and connections who are also on a similar entrepreneurial path. My friend Carla & I run Lid Off Events, which is a group that inspires, empowers and supports women to live their most courageous and authentic lives – whether personally or in business! So I always gain inspiration from being part of this venture too.
4. How has your experience running a business been different from what you expected?
Not this time, as I’d started one before and it was much tougher than I’d imagined then. It’s not easy this time either but I had a better idea of what to anticipate!
5. Describe your business in three words.
The three words that best describe my business may be: CHEERS TO LIFE!!
6. Being a girl boss can be hard. Thankfully, there’s technology available that make jobs easier. What are 2 things you would recommend an aspiring girl boss add to her toolbox?
I’m not super into technology, admittedly, but a few helpful places are Canva.com for creating all sorts of graphics and a cool wood charging station that doubles as storage atop your desk!
Stay tuned for next week’s Women Rockstar Wednesday!